Friday, June 20, 2008
posted by emi at 3:07 AM

Forgot to mention one more thing that i found today.

My partition-board-lookalike wardrobe doors.... are warped! And all 3 pieces are warped!! the only reason i can think of is that my contractor is giving us inferior materials. Now i'm suspecting the many other items in my house might also be inferior! *urgh* I'm gonna make sure he tears them down and give me new ones.

Talking about this reminds me of my ventilation fan in the toilet.

We had asked contractor to help us contact KDK fan for the installation of their ventilation fan with Perspex. KDK has came up with a standard and sleek way of mounting their fans that looks like what is shown below, and i know that it costs ard $500+ to do it. That's also the price that he quoted us for this installation.


The other day when we saw our ventilation fan in our toilet, i was surprise to see that it looks kind of different. With closer examination of it, we came up with the conclusion that its not done by KDK. My contractor has got his workers to do it using a cheapo way so that he can earn the money for himself. Actually i do not have any issue about that. As long as the end product looks decent (it does look alright from the inside, but not from the outside of my house, which doesn't bother me), i'm fine with him doing it himself. But.... $500+ will not be the price i'll pay for it! When i agree on the $500+, i'm expecting the kind of workmanship i see at KDK. And he thought his work can pass off with the same price tag?? Fat Hope!

Another point that we're going to use to bargain with him at the end of the reno!