Monday, June 9, 2008
posted by emi at 1:24 AM

Just had the most stressful weekend since the start of my reno. Issues are starting to pop up. Next week will be the major week as 90% of my reno will be done by then. The BEST thing is that... we'll be out of town. The bad part is tat we won't be there to monitor the work, but the good part is that we get a break away from it. (which i seriously need! I've been having dreams of my house and reno for a few nights in a row coz that's basically the thing thats on my mind all day. especially with some of the existing screw-ups that you're going to read below.)

Based on that and my contractor's working ( bad) habits, we were cracking our heads to think of things we need to ask and verify with him before we're gone, so tat he follows exactly what we want him to do. I really hope i won't get a shock when i return the following week.

Unfinished kitchen cabinets:

Major screw-up:
Because of the rush of buying our hood and hob (as mentioned in previous post), didn't realise we got a hood that's more bulky than other normal hoods. *CRY x 1000* It's like 1 inch thicker than other hoods and also sticks out of the cabinet more! Made me SUPER SAD!!! #_# There goes my sleek looking kitchen! With a clumsy-looking bulky hood!! And i'm gonna put the blame on my contractor. All his fault!

Foyer box-up for glass panel:

Wrong laminates chosen. We op for a particular matt white laminate for the side of this panel so as to blend it into rest of the wall. But we realise that the white we chose was slightly grey and doesn't look good. *SAD* Might have to change the whole thing to gloss white laminate.


MBR wardrobe setup.

Looking good... reason being i'm the one that sort of 'designed' it. He basically just follow my drawing, which i recon that's actually the only way to avoid any screw-ups.

My drawing (edited using reference from closet design):


TV console: also designed by me. After warnings from the dear, i didn't dare to do a more complicated one coz i forsee they're going to ruin the whole thing!


False ceilings all done up. Can't wait for lights to be installed!
Dining area:

Living area:

MBR:


Tat's all for the house before we go on our short break. I'll be praying hard for nothing to go wrong!